Signs of faulty car brakes
- Brake fuel or hydraulic fuel leakage from the master cylinder.
- Yellow or red brake lights blinking on the dashboard.
- Upon applying the brakes, you will hear a metallic squealing or grinding noise. Burning smell.
- The brake pedal feels soft and spongy.
- Calliper or braking hose has issues and results in unbalanced stopping.
- Sharp braking causes your vehicle to bounce or rock.
Therefore, if you come across any of these symptoms, you need to opt for a professional brake pad replacement Coventry at the earliest.
Causes of car brake failure
Excessive use of brake pads causes them to overheat and become hard and brittle. Damaged rotor disks on wheels cause the brake disc to wear out faster, making it difficult for a car to stop.
Leaking hydraulic fluid can contaminate braking components, leading to a total brake failure eventually.
Driving on mud or water lubricates the rotor discs and brake pads, reducing friction.
- Overloading a vehicle.
- Frequent short trips.
- Aggressive braking.
Technicians suggest brake inspection after every 10,000 to 13,000 miles to be on the safe side. It comprises a series of inspections, including brake fluid, brake pads and brake discs. Ideally, brake pads can last for about 55,000-60,000 miles. However, you might have to opt for a premature replacement due to the issues mentioned above.
How can we help?
At our garage, we stock several types of OE-grade brake pads and discs. Thus, regardless of the type of vehicle that you drive, you will find the ideal spare parts at our garage at affordable rates.
Hence, end your search for a “brake repairing service near me” with Star Performance Tyre.